Thursday, October 8, 2009

An Itemized Update

It has been graciously brought to my attention by several of my most AVID readers that I haven't posted anything on here in quite some time. Apologies. Part of that can be explained by my absorption in other work, and part by my increasing awareness of copyright issues. As I continue to seek publication, it is important that I am able to grant accepting publications "first rights", and so it behooves me to refrain from posting anything here that I hope to one day publish elsewhere. Perhaps I'll let this be a dumping ground for those stories and poems that have been around the block a few times and now run out of change!

Anyway, without further adieu, here's a brief rundown of the things that have been going on with me literature-wise these past couple months:

-First of all, I have just had another piece of writing accepted for publication (in print this time) in a magazine called "Underground Voices." Burn Victim should be appearing there in December.

-Another piece of mine, Terms of Use, should be available online any day now. Just waiting for the good folks at Vivid Magazine to release their October issue. I will post a link as soon as they do.

-One project, that has sort of been put on the back-burner as of late, is a Zine that Shannon and I were collaborating on called "Smoke and Bowler Hats". It's mostly done now, and we're really just waiting for Shannon to catch enough of a breath from her new job (see below) to finish up the cover and final story. It will feature a number of my own stories along with illustrations and designs by her.

-Said job entails managing a new Austin business called Painting with a Twist, where you can sign up online to learn and create specific paintings all in one night. No experience is required and booze are encouraged. I have tried it myself and can vouch for the fact that it is extremely fun, and that, regardless of your experience level, you will walk away feeling amazed at what you can paint!

That's pretty much all I can think of now, but I do promise to be more attentive in the future. Thanks to those who have brought it up to me. Just to know that people are reading is itself a motivating force.

1 comment:

Christina Shaffell said...

good for you :)
I want a copy of "Burn Victim" in print... I'll have to seek it out...